Wednesday 23 January 2013

A long project...

I've been snowed under with uni lately... (Though not literally, I'm pretty sure Plymouth is the only place where it's not snowing!)...and I had an actual day off today so I got on with some crafty stuff.

I finally started the quilt I've been thinking of making for ages! It's very basic at the moment, just the square patches are cut out, see...


The photo doesn't do the colours justice, some of the stripey squares are facing the wrong way, and they all had to overlap terribly so they'd fit on my bed, but you get the idea of what it'll look like :) I like having long projects on the go, it's nice to have something familiar to go back to. I know this will be a long project, but I might just make it quickly and simply, and then make another one which is embroidered and all lovely. After all, I need a new quilt quickly since it's so cold at the moment!

I also found a handbag I really liked the other day in a charity shop, and thought I'd have a go at making one similar to it...

 
 
This is the one from the shop. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I might just go back and buy it!
 
I was given some plastic leather a few weeks ago, so I started using that today for the bag. I will keep you updated on what goes on with that.
 
Back to the real world now, post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment